Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Decision

Suzy contacted me to let me know that Marion, at Let Us Care, had taken a private pay client.  She is a business woman after all.

Suzy had mentioned Lilley Lodge, the home in North Pole when she promised to check with Marion.  She mentioned it again today, so I called Teri.  She had just arranged to have the space she had available taken.  However, she does have a resident that she does not expect to be there much longer.  She was not sure when the space would be available, but was I willing to wait if Mom didn't need to be placed immediately.

I said that would be fine.

After three days of three messes I needed to clean up, I reached the point where I was willing to let go and let Mom move out.  I realize she doesn't want to leave her home. We don't really want it, but I am not equipped to care for her the way they are at Lilley Lodge.  They watch their clients as carefully as the caregivers at FRA do.   I was concerned about this because the messes Mom makes are chiefly due to not being watched closely enough to get her to the bathroom on time.  Teri told me they are constantly adjusting bath room breaks for their clients based on their needs.

I also remember that she has two people on staff for her 8 residents all of the time.  And they all eat together, and their rooms face the common room.  As it turns out, she can have a private room, so I think this will work out.  Teresa and I talked it over and we realized we would not be able to drive down after work because Mom is now going to bed so early.  But we could alternate driving down to North Pole on weekends to take Mom for Chinese food.  She really likes that restaurant because it reminds her of growing up in California. They would drive from Laton to Hanford for Chinese food (or Mexican food) once a week.

I think this could work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to post to Parenting Parents.
Your post will be published once approved.